Società Agricola Fratelli Vagnoni was established in 1955. The winery stands on the top of a beautiful hill on the outskirts of the ancient hamlet of Pancole, once inhabited by the Etruscans and located just 5 km from San Gimignano and its world-famous towers.
The estate covers an area of about 42 hectares, 16 of which planted with vineyards and the rest covered with olive groves, orchards, woodland and arable land. The production of the first bottles of wine began in 1965.
The winery was established by Sante Vagnoni and is still a family-run concern. It has a large tasting room, a grape drying room for the production of “Occhio di Pernice” Vinsanto, and a guesthouse which was opened in 1985. The aim was to make rooms and flats available to guests so that they could get to know and appreciate the work carried out in the countryside and all that goes with it.
The winery has been certified organic since 2011 and the family continues to work together with love and passion.